Friday, January 27, 2006

For those who are interested--Doc Marten's history


Well after Steve raised the connection between skinheads and Doc Marten's, I needed to check it out. I am linking info from Wikipedia here.
Dr. Martens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The truth of the matter is, while I do in fact associate DM's with proletariat-counterculture-protest, I really wear them for two other reasons:
1. I have very wide, hard to fit feet and DM's are very comfortable and they fit.
2. My friend, mentor, and icon Mark wore them. And Mark made everything I ever noticed about him cool, including Marilyn Manson, whose music I can't stand to listen to but who I would never say anything bad about.
Marilyn Manson (person) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
oh yeah and a third reason is they last FOREVER.

2 comments:

akid said...

i love you..and Mark...and doc marten's. ordered my first pair last week.

lisa said...

you're lying. you already have a pair of docs.