Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's a great day

My zen calendar today says:
I have something. When you look at it, it's there, but when you look for it, it's not. What is it?

The air is crisp and clean this morning. I have been awake long enough to watch day break. An extraordinary event for me, as I don't like to wake up early. It smells like Spring. If I think about that too much, I will get sad because it's January and not Spring, even in Texas. I like January when it feels like January, even in Texas. But January shouldn't ever feel like Spring, unless you're in San Francisco or something, where I guess it always feels like Spring, or south of the equator, but even then it should probably feel like Summer, right? At any rate, I've thought about it too long.

Speaking of sadness, I fell asleep last night with the windows open at my house, listening to the sounds of the highway. I was so desperate to hear the sounds of the night. I miss the sounds you can hear when you don't live a mile from the highway.

My toes are cold from the crisp air blowing in from this Spring-like morning, as is my nose.

Feels like a good day to walk my dogs. Probably a little too optimistic for what I will actually end up doing.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wunnerful. So . . . why tomatoes and avocados?

akid said...

yeah...why tomatoes and avocados?